Our most recommended resources in starting this work!
Ready to build the A.D.E.I. function for your own organization?
These resources help provide tangible tools and action steps that help individuals move beyond a place of listening and learning to a place of action.
Books and Films
- Me and White Supremacy Journal by Layla Assad
- The Racial Healing Handbook by Anneliese A. Singh
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- Your Silence Will Not Protect You by Audre Lourde
- Women, Race and Class by Angela Davis
- Why We Can’t Wait by Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
- The Revolution will not be funded
- 13th by Ava Duverany
- How to Have a Voice and Lean into Conversations about Race
- I Am Not Your Negro by James Baldwin
- The Revolution Will Not Be Funded by INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence
These organizations are all ones that I have personally supported and who I believe are doing the work to not only educate but to also push for fundamental change. The People’s Institute, in particular, is where my own personal unlearning began and for that I am forever grateful.
Each day, these pages teach us something new, remind us of something important we may have forgotten, and push us to get beyond a simple quote and lean into the work even more.
I’ve seen so many long lists of books and articles shared that I’ve often gone back and pondered for myself. If I was starting to do this work all over again, where would I start? These books and articles are exactly where I would go.
It’s not just important that we understand the work, it’s important that we understand the stories of those impacted when we do or don’t do the work- these podcasts share those stories.
- Ear Hustle
- Truth’s Table
- Code Switch
Businesses that inspire, uplift, and uphold the beauty of Black Women.